The Bank Policy Institute is a fast-paced, leading advocacy organization for America’s premier banking institutions. We work directly with CEOs, executives, and other key figures in the financial world to make sure policy makers enact legislation and regulation that is good for consumers, businesses, and the American economy.
We are seeking a knowledgeable Regulatory Intern who craves learning new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on real projects impacting America’s financial services industry.
Our internship offers the opportunity to:
- Explore career opportunities – by working at BPI, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path within the financial sector.
- Network – expand your network by meeting a variety of people involved in crafting the voice of the nation’s largest banking institutions.
- Find Mentors – certain staff members can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire.
The position would be well-suited to a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who is comfortable interacting with professionals at all levels of the largest U.S. commercial banks (Owner Banks) and the U.S. federal banking agencies. S/he must be able to take initiative, prioritize with minimal supervision and work independently as well as part of a team.
Communications Intern responsibilities include:
- Working with a variety of our staff on special projects to develop innovative and strategic communications plans that communicate BPI messaging and initiatives.
- Assisting in drafting print and digital content to be distributed to our members and general media/public including press releases and cross-channel social media content.
- Helping drive newsletter content and coordinating the editorial process between departments.
- Producing a variety of graphic design collateral including agendas, brochures, reports, infographics, GIFs, and other visual media.
- Video and multimedia production and editing.
- Monitoring earned media and analytics and assisting with the development of media lists.
- Currently majoring in Communications, Journalism, Political Communications or any related field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Organized, detail oriented, able to manage deadlines, set priorities, take initiative, and work diplomatically and efficiently in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro).
- Having knowledge of the following programs is preferred, but not a requirement: Campaign Monitor/MailChimp/Constant Contact, Google Analytics, TV Eyes, HootSuite, HTML, and CSS.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software and CRM management.
The position is based in Washington, D.C., and candidates are paid an hourly minimum wage. We prefer interns to work a full 40 hours each week (Monday-Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm), the length of the internship can be somewhat flexible. In order to be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter.