|Reports to:||BITS President|
|Position:||Senior Program Manager/AVP|
BITS is the technology policy division of the Bank Policy Institute. BITS provides an executive level forum to discuss and promote current and emerging technology, foster innovation, reduce fraud and improve cybersecurity and risk management practices for the nation’s financial sector.
Led by C-Suite executives including CEO’s, CIO’s, CISO’s and senior leaders, BITS brings together its members, regulators, government agencies and technology firms to: advance collaboration in the regulatory and risk environment; address current and emerging policy issues; improve effectiveness of technology programs; promote critical infrastructure resilience; and strengthen cybersecurity and reduce fraud.
With a focus on business, innovation, technology and security BITS is a leading voice in Washington for information sharing and development of best practices and policies that protect our nation’s financial services platforms and the customers they support.
Along with all members of the Bank Policy Institute, BITS has members from across the financial services industry as part of the BITS Affiliate program. BITS Affiliate members include insurance firms, asset managers, processors, card companies, financial market utilities, and trade associations.
We engage in topics that are of critical importance to our members and their clients. BITS promotes the advancement of emerging and innovative technologies, improving operational and risk management capabilities and advocating for efficient regulatory practices and policies that are readily implemented the industry.
This position is responsible for planning, conducting and reporting on key projects, events and programs while demonstrating the highest standards of confidentiality, efficiency, expediency and professionalism. In this role, the candidate will engage with association members at all levels including C-Suite executives and technical, operational and policy subject matter experts, as well as work with staff to conduct research, develop strategy, analyze information, prepare reports, plan meetings and events, and manage and lead projects as assigned.
This role is responsible for managing key programs and collaborating across BITS and with other BPI departments. The Senior Program Manager helps track budget and revenue goals, leads affiliate member recruitment, helping set goals and timelines and oversee progress.
The Senior Program Manager helps develop and lead our annual and multi-year programs on board governance, the integration of cyber and operational resilience, data governance/privacy, identity management, and collaborates on BITS Innovation programs including the FinTech Policy Summits and the FinTech Ideas Festival. This role is responsible for developing programs in emerging areas and for defining and positioning BITS in innovation, technology collaboration and governance for both current and future technologies.
This role requires developing trusted, confidential and collaborative partnerships with senior executives (CEO, CIO, CISO, and Senior Executives), educating, gathering input from and formulating a consensus led point of view that represents the industry.
The Candidate should be extremely organized, disciplined, focused, demonstrate strong attention to detail and possess exceptional time management skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast- paced, dynamic environment while balancing multiple tasks to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate is comfortable working as part of a team with a wide variety of people, from interns to senior executives.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, each essential duty and responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Scheduling, planning and organizing meetings with active member communication and compilation and distribution of presentation and agenda content for member executives.
- Support BITS lead on industry initiatives such as Sheltered Harbor, fTLD, Sector Profile and the Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council efforts.
- Contribute to business case outlines and development for BITS President and Staff, responding to member interest, RFI responses, etc.
- Work with the BITS lead on the BITS Affiliate Program content creation, invoicing, recruitment of prospect firms, and onboarding of new members
- Conversion of notes and member input into publishable advisories and reports.
- Develop member requested and BITS developed surveys, formatting for clarity and maximum participation, analyze results and identify conclusions.
- Responsible for drafting presentations, member communications, white papers and blogs for BITS President and staff as needed.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research in multiple areas such as innovation and technology, technology policy, business models/markets, cybersecurity policy, regulation, etc.
- Prepare reports for senior management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Judgement, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Must be well organized, with attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines, and able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and concise language.
- Research and electronic communications skills, with an editing and publishing competency.
- Familiarity/experience with cybersecurity and technology.
We are searching for the candidate who enjoys the excitement and challenge of working in a small, tight-knit organization, thrives in an innovative environment, and readily accepts new challenges as opportunities for personal and professional growth and improvement.
- 3 – 8 years’ experience in project administration / management.
- Experience interacting with executive management and senior leadership. Skilled at relationship management externally and internally.
- Experience within the financial services and technology industry’s is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- PMI or equivalent certification is a plus.