Reports to: President BITS, Executive Vice President of the Bank Policy Institute (BPI)
Department: BITS Technology Policy Division
Mission of Organization
The Bank Policy Institute (BPI) is a nonpartisan public policy, research and advocacy group, representing the nation’s leading banks. Our members include universal banks, regional banks and the major foreign banks doing business in the United States. Collectively, they employ nearly 2 million Americans, make 72% of all loans and nearly half of the nation’s small business loans and serve as an engine for financial innovation and economic growth. Our staff includes economists, researchers, financial analysts and attorneys, all focused on using data and analysis to shape sound policy. We distribute our research and analysis to U.S. and global regulators, members of Congress, academics and media through academic-quality research papers, blog posts, white papers, comment letters, and Congressional testimony. We also serve our members through our Business-Innovation-Technology-Security division (better known as BITS), which provides an executive-level forum to discuss and promote current and emerging technology, foster innovation, reduce fraud and improve cybersecurity and risk management practices for the nation’s financial sector.
The Project Manager (PM) position is responsible for planning, conducting and reporting on key projects, events and programs while demonstrating the highest standards of confidentiality, efficiency, expediency and professionalism. In this role, the candidate will work across a team of cybersecurity, fraud, regulatory, technology and risk experts to support their work and engage with BPI members at all levels including C-Suite executives and operational subject matter experts. The PM will work with BITS staff and the broader BPI community to conduct research, develop strategy, analyze information, prepare presentations and reports, plan meetings and events, and manage projects to advance the key priorities of each group.
The PM should be inquisitive, a self-starter, well organized, focused and demonstrate strong attention to detail with exceptional time management skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while balancing multiple tasks to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate is comfortable working as part of a team with a wide variety of people, from interns to senior executives.
Position, Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, essential duties and responsibilities must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Schedule, plan and organize both internal meetings and external events with active member communication and interaction.
- Prepare BITS meeting materials including agenda and content development, coordination with internal BPI teams to develop key topics, development of PowerPoint and other presentation materials.
- Manage logistics for BITS meetings including facilitating conference calls, organizing prep-calls, coordinating with BPI member services and technology teams, managing in-person meetings and livestream or webinar events.
- Research speakers and outside panelists/experts for both internal and external meetings.
- Participate in internal and external meetings and take comprehensive meeting notes.
- Prepare staff for meetings, executive discussions and industry events, providing materials and support as needed.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research in multiple areas such as cybersecurity, fraud reduction, risk/operational resilience, innovation and technology, business models and markets and individual firm reviews.
- Prepare reports for senior management related to research, trends, regulatory issuances and legislation related to the above areas (e.g., cybersecurity, fraud, etc.).
- Research and draft white papers or blogs for BITS President and staff as needed.
- Support BITS leadership roles on industry initiatives such as Sheltered Harbor, Financial Services Sector Coordinating Council, Cyber Risk Institute, fTLD Registry Services, etc.
- Develop member requested surveys, formatting for clarity and maximum participation, and analyze results and identify conclusions.
- Draft presentations, member communications, publishable advisories, and other reports.
- Assist BPI/BITS staff in responding to regulatory inquiries, including Requests for Information and Notice of Proposed Rulemakings.
- Manage and upkeep various member distribution lists.
- Manage website content ensuring material is current and relevant and supports BITS overall programs effectively.
We are searching for the candidate who enjoys the excitement and challenge of working in a small, tight-knit organization, thrives in an innovative environment, and readily accepts new challenges as opportunities for personal and professional growth and improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Judgement, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Well organized, with concern for details, accuracy and deadlines, and able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and simple language.
- Research and electronic communications skills, with an editing and publishing competency.
- Familiarity/experience with cybersecurity and technology.
- Survey development and analysis experience is a plus.
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in project administration / management.
- Experience interacting with executive management and senior Skilled at relationship management externally and internally.
- Experience within the financial services industry a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- PMI or equivalent certification is a plus.
The Bank Policy Institute is located in Washington, DC. Preference will be given to candidates residing in the Washington DC area however qualified candidates who are remote are welcome. For remote candidates travel to DC will be required on a monthly basis. The role will also require occasional travel to member meetings, conferences and educational symposiums.
To be considered for this role, please submit a cover letter, résumé / CV, and short writing sample.