Position: Project Manager/AVP Reports to: Cyber Risk Institute (CRI) Managing Director
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
The Cyber Risk Institute (CRI) is a newly established organization within the Bank Policy Institute. The primary purposes of CRI include, but are not limited to developing, promulgating, and updating a scalable and extensible framework that organizes and synthesizes cyber regulatory expectations around commonly understood and harmonized standards, and encouraging widespread adoption of the framework. This effort will enable better sector-wide and third-party cybersecurity risk management comparison, and better analysis and mitigation of systemic and concentrated risks, while reducing variant compliance reporting requirements.
CRI’s membership is inclusive of all segments of the financial services industry, including financial institutions in the banking, asset management, insurance, broker dealer, card company, core provider, market utility, and trade association subsegments. Strategic direction is provided by CIOs, CISOs, CTOs, CROs, senior cyber and privacy attorneys, and other senior leaders within these member firms.
This position is responsible for –
- Engaging with executive level stakeholders and CRI’s Managing Director and Senior Program Manager to carry out the organization’s strategic goals and key objectives through the timely of execution of key deliverables;
- Overseeing outside consultants tasked with the regular operation of CRI’s committees and working groups;
- Representing the organization at conferences and other industry or standard setting type events.
- Developing agendas and iterative content to facilitate working group advancement on CRI initiatives.
- Developing organizational materials for member meetings, teleconferences, and as requested by CRI’s Managing Director.
- Maintaining the current membership base through repeat engagement and communication and expanding the member base through recruitment efforts;
- Other CRI initiatives, programs, projects, or activities as assigned.
This position requires developing trusted, confidential and collaborative partnerships with senior executives (CIOs, CISOs, CTOs, CROs, senior cyber and privacy attorneys) and their designated working group participants, educating, gathering input from and formulating a consensus led point of view that represents the industry.
The Candidate should be extremely organized, disciplined, focused, demonstrate strong attention to detail and possess exceptional time management skills. The candidate must be able to work in a fast- paced, dynamic environment while balancing multiple tasks to meet deadlines. The ideal candidate is comfortable working as part of a team with a wide variety of people, from interns to senior executives.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, each essential duty and responsibility must be performed satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the effective day to day operation of CRI committees and working groups through coordination, facilitation, and materials production.
- Scheduling, planning and organizing meetings with active member communication and compilation and distribution of agenda and related content for member participants.
- Respond to member interest and inquiries.
- Maintain the current membership base through repeat member engagement and communication
- Expansion of the member base through content development, direct outreach to prospective members, and onboarding.
Development of Project Related Materials:
- Conversion of notes and member input into iterative content and materials for committee and working group review and feedback.
- Responsible for drafting presentations, member communications, white papers and blogs for CRI and its Managing Director.
- Review the Federal Register and other listserves daily for pertinent regulatory issuances.
- Prepare reports for senior management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strategic thinker with strong problem analysis and solving skills.
- Judgement, integrity, and ability to work collaboratively across internal and external teams.
- Strong coordination and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be well organized, with attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines, and able to set priorities and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent analytic skills and ability to synthesize and translate complicated material into clear and concise language.
- Research and electronic communications skills, with an editing and publishing competency.
- Familiarity/experience with project management from project initiation to product delivery in a trade association, standards setting, technology or cybersecurity environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills are a plus.
We are searching for the candidate who enjoys the excitement and challenge of working in a newly established, entrepreneurial environment, and readily accepts new challenges as opportunities for personal and professional growth and improvement.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in project management.
- Experience interacting with executive management and senior leadership. Skilled at relationship management externally and internally.
- Experience within the financial services, cybersecurity, technology, policy or standards industries is a plus.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- PM certification is a plus.
REQUEST FOR WRITING SAMPLE
This position requires the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the written form (e.g., reports, blogs, management board materials). Accordingly, please provide a writing sample.