Bank Policy Institute
The Bank Policy Institute is a fast-paced, leading advocacy organization for America’s financial services industry. We work directly with CEOs, executives, and other key figures in the financial world to make sure policy makers enact legislation and regulation that is good for consumers, businesses, and the American economy.
We are seeking a knowledgeable BITS intern who craves learning new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern you will get to work with a variety of our staff, while working on concrete projects impacting America’s financial services industry.
Our internship offers you the opportunity to:
- Explore career opportunities – by working at BPI, you will receive an inside look at your potential career path within the financial sector
- Network – expand your network by meeting a variety of people involved in crafting the voice of the nation’s largest banks
- Find Mentors – certain staff members can help guide you through your internship and expose you to future opportunities to which you can aspire
The BITS Intern provides support for various BITS programs and focus areas to include Fraud Reduction, Cybersecurity and other Special Interest Groups related to technology risk. The BITS internship experience will provide the candidate with a greater awareness and understanding of the risk management field as it relates to financial services and public policy.
BITS Intern responsibilities include:
- Participating in the development and facilitation of in-person meetings that host high-profile representatives of the financial services industry.
- Participating in the development of core project initiatives and deliverables that may include whitepapers, advisories, surveys and the aggregation and analyzing of technology risk data.
- Coordinate department events alongside field experts.
- Draft, edit and distribute surveys on behalf of member firms.
- Assist with various administrative tasks and help other departments as needed.
- Strong written, critical thinking, communications and organizational skills
- A positive, professional attitude and an ability and willingness to work well with others in a team-oriented environment
- Strong academic credentials and an interest in technology policy