The Bank Policy Institute (BPI) is a nonpartisan public policy, research and advocacy group, representing the nation’s leading banks. Our members include universal banks, regional banks and the major foreign banks doing business in the United States. Collectively, we employ millions of Americans, make a majority of the nation’s small business loans, and serve as an engine for financial innovation and economic growth.
The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the day-to-day operations of the Public Affairs and The Executive Assistant (EA) supports the day-to-day operations of the Regulatory Affairs team independently performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative and clerical support duties. The EA will serve as the liaison between Regulatory Affairs and membership and must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to provide information and service to a wide range of internal and external contacts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Plan, monitor and execute the day-to-day administrative tasks to ensure a smooth workflow working both on a one-to-one basis with the executives, but also on a wider basis with internal and external clients.
- Acting as the point of contact between the executives and internal or external colleagues
- Perform clerical duties, such as preparing correspondence, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling meetings, setting up travel arrangements, and taking notes at meetings.
- Manage complex office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgment and initiative
- Continually works to identify more efficient work techniques and suggests changes that can improve processes and procedures.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments and outside member organizations.
- Supports other needed tasks, such as development of accurate expense reports.
- Work cohesively with all BPI administrative support staff including the AVP Office Manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a lead position with career administrative focus.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience performing EA duties at the “C” level.
- Experience interacting with all levels of staff and providing top level customer support both within and outside the organization.
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Experience scheduling, planning and organizing both internal meetings and external meetings and events including compilation and distribution of presentation and agenda materials and RSVP management.
- Proven ability to manage projects.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, exercise sound judgment and confidentiality with sensitive information.
- Experience facilitating conference calls, in-person meetings and webinar events including a working knowledge and support for teleconferences, Go-to-Meeting/Zoom/Teams, meeting preparation, etc.
- Possess strong Microsoft Office (or equivalent) skills with an ability to review and edit presentation materials, documents and materials.
- Bachelor’s degree preferable (or equivalent experience)
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time and to utilize a telephone, computer, keyboard and copier/printer.
- Occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This position is based at BPI’s headquarters location in Washington, DC. Most staff come into the office 4 days per week, and work from home on Friday; we’d expect the candidate to follow this schedule.