The Bank Policy Institute is a fast-paced, leading advocacy organization for America’s financial services industry. We work directly with CEOs, executives and other key figures in the financial world to make sure policymakers enact legislation and regulation that is good for consumers, businesses and the American economy.
We are seeking a talented communications intern who craves learning new skills and isn’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern, you will get to work with a variety of our staff while working on meaningful projects impacting America’s banking industry.
Our internship opportunities offer you the opportunity to:
- Explore career opportunities – by working at BPI, you can receive an inside look at your potential career path within the financial sector
- Network – expand your network by meeting a variety of people involved in crafting the voice of the nation’s biggest banks and other financial services organizations
- Find mentors – certain staff members can help guide you through your internship and expose you to opportunities to which you can aspire
BPI’s Communications Team works with Washington media to create buzz-worthy earned media and paid advertising campaigns and strategic messaging for the nation’s largest banks and other financial services corporations.
Communications Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Work with a variety of our staff on special projects to develop innovative and strategic communications plans that communicate BPI messaging and initiatives
- Research news articles and congressional transcripts for quotable excerpts that can be used to support messaging
- Assist in drafting print and digital content to be distributed to our members and general media/public, including press releases and cross-channel social media content
- Help drive newsletter content and coordinating the editorial process between departments
- Assist in the production of a variety of graphic design collateral including agendas, brochures, reports, infographics and GIFs
- Assist in the creation of video and multimedia products
- Monitor earned media and analytics and assisting with the development of media lists
- Currently majoring in Communications, Journalism, Political Communications or any related field
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to manage deadlines, set priorities, take initiative and work diplomatically and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Intermediate proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud preferred (InDesign Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
- Knowledge of the following programs and web languages is preferred, but not a requirement: Campaign Monitor/MailChimp/Constant Contact, Google Analytics, TV Eyes, HootSuite, HTML, and CSS
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software
The position is based in Washington, D.C., and candidates are paid an hourly minimum wage. We offer part-time and full-time (Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.) internships and the length of the internship can be somewhat flexible. To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter.