Dear Congressman McHenry,
The Bank Policy Institute appreciates the opportunity to submit the following materials for the Committee’s consideration related to the upcoming hearing titled “Digital Assets and the Future of Finance: Examining the Benefits and Risks of a U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency.”
Please find a list of publications that the Bank Policy Institute has published on the topic of central bank digital currencies. All publications can be found at www.bpi.com/cbdc.
Research and Working Papers:
- Central Bank Digital Currencies: Costs, Benefits and Major Implications for the U.S. Economic System
- The Benefits and Costs of a Central Bank Digital Currency for Monetary Policy
- Legal Authority to Issue a U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency
- The Dollar, the Yuan, and CBDCs: What Talks, What Walks
- The Waning Case for a Dollar CBDC
- A Costly Misunderstanding About CBDC
- Making Stablecoins Stable: Is the Cure Worse than the Disease?
- Predicting Stablecoin Regulation: 5 Key Takeaways from Gorton and Zhang’s “Taming Wildcat Stablecoins”