On October 7, BPI Chief Economist Bill Nelson participated in a Macro Musings podcast hosted by David Beckworth from the Mercatus Center. The podcast featured a discussion about recent repo market stress, the Fed’s operating system and the prospects of a standing repo facility. To access the podcast, click on the link below:
Click here to access the original podcast by the Mercatus Center.
You may also be interested in:
- BPI Symposium on Repo Market Volatility, Regulations, Fed Balance Sheet, and LIBOR
- Excluding Reserves from the Leverage Ratio Would Make Repo Market Volatility Worse
- Fed at a Crossroads
- Bank Regulations and Turmoil in Repo Markets
- Two Little-Noticed and Self-Inflicted Causes of the Fed’s Current Monetary Policy Implementation Predicament
- What Just Happened in Money Markets, and Why it Matters.
- Impending Money Market Volatility Prompts Warning Light for LCR Tune-Up
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this post are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the position of the Bank Policy Institute or its membership, and are not intended to be, and should not be construed as, legal advice of any kind.